GivingTuesday mobile giving campaigns are now live!
The Mobile Giving Foundation Canada, a Founding Partner of GivingTuesday, has once again made available free campaign keywords for MGFC-approved charities to use.
A list of all GivingTuesday mobile giving campaigns is provided below. To complete a text message donation for the benefit of any one of these charities, simply text the respective charity’s keyword to the number 20222.
You will be required to confirm the intended donation amount ($5, $10, $20, or $25) prior to completion, and the amount will be charged as a tax exempt gift to your cell phone bill or deducted from your prepaid balance. Service is available on most carriers. GivingTuesday campaigns will be live up until December 31, 2014.
For more information on GivingTuesday, please visit their web site.
The Mobile Giving Foundation Canada brings the technology and reach of mobile phones to Registered Charities as a new and innovative fundraising tool. Through the Mobile Giving Foundation Canada, Registered Charities can engage donors in a simple and straightforward way, cultivate new givers, and expand their base givers by ease of transaction. Giving has never been easier.
CLICK HERE FOR ALL CURRENT DONATION OPTIONS.
Our goal is to use wireless technology to support charitable causes by removing barriers that currently exist for donors. Merging philanthropy with the power of the mobile medium serves the broader objective of expanding the pool of contributors, to include those who might only be able to afford to make a small gift of $5 or $10 charged through their carrier bill. Mobile giving also allows the user to respond immediately to a crisis or issue of their choice. The process is quick, easy and affordable. It is a new generation of giving. The Mobile Giving Foundation will operate in Canada and serve global interests to:
- Provide the organizational element that enables charitable giving across wireless carrier platforms
- Be responsible for compliance with all federal and provincial laws and regulations
- Develop, manage and keep standards for participation
- Certify Registered Charities participation and giving campaigns
- Manage message delivery and billing solutions across carriers
- Manage assigned short codes to be utilized by charities for mobile giving
- Act as billing settlement and records clearinghouse between carriers and participating charities